Having recovered from its tragic accident last week the Paprika was once again ready to fly today. I’m actually still waiting for some parts from the US, so I’ve put a new plastic Graupner prop on it, which is a bit squishier and doesn’t look nearly as slick as the carbon HK I’ve been using. Otherwise it’s the same pitch and diameter.
I was also fairly adamant about getting video from onboard the aircraft. The last failure was a dodgey switch so I’ve opened it up to fix it. While I was there, I modded it a little so it can actually point along the fuselage.
So the camera finally worked and the result is what I would like to share with you now. It starts a little bumpy while I’m working out the trim, but I eventually manage some low and speedy flybys. I don’t wanna hear anything about my landing! The flaps shed speed a lot faster than I was expecting and I decided that was safer than trying to pull out again.
The area in the video is the Belconnen Model Aero Club who have a nifty synthetic airstrip and a good paddock filled with tall, soft grass .